Dream Disfigured


Dream Disfigured

"One bad apple spoils the bunch."  
I'm curious if, in the produce world, 
this statement is even true.

Or was it simply a tale devised 
to conceal the fact that much 
of the orchard owner's yield was 
a complete and utter failure having 
absolutely no business being looked 
upon as anything but defected, rotting waste.


My son will be nine this year.
This child, seen here, is twelve.
If anyone ever put their 
fucking hands on 
him and...      No.

That, of course, would never happen
It could never happen
See, his skin is neither brown nor black.

Excuse me can someone please point 
me towards the sales department?
I'm here to return my American Dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Moment Between Young Siblings... Almost

The Ending of 'The Sense of an Ending' by Julian Barnes: What the Hell Just Happened?